Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Taking a mom time out!

Feeling the need for some non-mom activity?  I find it is really important to have some time out to just be myself, take my mom hat off and get out of the house and away from the laundry.  So, this week, I signed up for an adults only activity:  winterizing your garden and canning your goods.  This is my teacher who, as you can see, is obviously a first-generation immigrant.  I was so disappointed!    Not only did he have trouble speaking English, he seemed to smell like onions.  He kept saying things like:  "a compost" or "the raining season" and at one point he even said:  "I have a very weedy weed".  He even used "gardening" and "asylum seekers" in the same sentence!  Much to my disgrace, he continuously inserted foreign words into his lecture such as "moratorium" and  "bigamy".   I can't believe they let this guy teach this course! Next time I sign up for non-mom time recreation I will make sure it is with someone who speaks English! 


No comments:

Post a Comment